Pulse Radiology offers clinical training to radiologic technologists, ARDMS sonographers, radiation therapists and nuclear medicine technologists in Iowa. We currently offer MRI, CT and Mammography training in the areas of Davenport, Bettendorf, Rock Island and Moline, IL. With an additional location in DeWitt. These clinical locations are about 2.5 hours from Des Moines and about 1 hour away from Iowa City and Cedar Rapids. These locations are also approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes from Chicago, IL.
All radiologic technologists training within the Pulse Radiology network of clinical affiliates in MRI, CT & Mammography are required to display professionalism, superior patient care and acknowledge the importance of attendance.
What information will I need to provide?
You must submit and provide the following documentation to your clinical coordinator to become eligible for access to your clinical location:
- Current State License
- Current ARRT Registration
- Current Resume/CV
- HIPAA Compliance Agreement (via Pulse Radiology)
- Tentative Clinical Schedule with a minimum of 2 days per week.
How does the clinical training process work?
Each radiologic technologist or imaging professional will be allotted 40 scheduled clinical sessions plus or minus 5 days. If a technologist cannot complete clinical exams, we will request a certain amount of days to help complete ARRT Clinical Requirements.
You must complete the Pulse Radiology Online Structured Education program with a 75%+ grade before starting clinical training. Please be advised not every clinical location can accommodate each modality. Pulse Radiology believes in scheduled, one-on-one clinical training sessions.
- 92% passing rate on 1st attempt test takers, 100% on 2nd attempt test takers, no Pulse student has ever taken the registry a 3rd time.
- Pulse alumni are employed at some of the best hospitals and imaging centers in Iowa including: Genesis Health.